A basin vanity unit is a basic component of a functional bathroom. You can find a lot of materials used for vanity such as marble, travertine & onyx basins but before you buy one, it would be best to consider a few things to ensure a successful renovation or construction project. Here are some things to consider.
- Material. A foremost thing to consider when shopping for a vanity sink is its material. There are different types of vanity sink but choose one that is resistant to water and moisture since the unit will be constantly exposed to water. Some of the most durable wash basins are stone and marble.
- Plumbing. If you are constructing a new home, your engineer or contractor will suggest the most ideal position of your wash basin. Place your wash basin close to your bathroom to reduce costs on plumbing materials. If you are just renovating your bathroom, you can use your existing pipes then replace your old basin with your choice of marble, travertine & onyx basins to give your bathroom to improve your bathrooms appearance.
- Height. When putting a basin in your bathroom, take into consideration the height of those who are going to use your bathroom or basin. If you have kids at home, choose a height-appropriate sink. Vanity units have a standard height. Consult your plumber or your installer to buy the right wash basin for you and your family.
- Storage. Aside from its design, choose a vanity basin that has more storage for it to be more functional. Consider the items you need to put inside your vanity unit the buy the right size. The more items you need to store such as toiletries and bathroom suppliers, the bigger unit should be bought. If you have a small bathroom, choose a vanity unit with more storage and drawers.
- Choose customized unit. To get the right type of marble, travertine & onyx basins for your bathroom, opt for a customized unit. This will allow you to have the type of vanity unit that you have in mind. Check some online sites for showroom bathroom design ideas.