If you have bare wall at home but don’t have an idea on how to decorate them, here are tips from experts regarding artworks and how to arrange them. These decorations can either be a photograph, a favorite painting or a DIY photo canvas you made.
- Plan before you do anything else. Do not attempt to attach a single nail on the wall without planning first. Choose the pieces you want to decorate on the wall and using a piece of paper, trace its shape. Cut the shapes and then try out different placements on your wall. With this method, you can avoid putting misplaced nails which can be a pain in the eyes later on.
- If you have a sofa on the side of the wall where you are arranging, use the galaxy approach. This means that if you have a number of artworks to hang in various sizes and shapes, the dominant image should be centered. These artworks must be coordinated in color, themes and tones. If not then you can frame the in matching colors.
- If you decide to follow the galaxy technique on your wall, do not be afraid to use shapes. Not all artworks should be four sided. Make use of various shapes such as a round or oval decoration.
- If you are not the type to go crazy over a galaxy arrangement, you can arrange it to look random and out of sync. There are instances wherein centering artworks is not the answer but rather creating balance. If one side of the sofa looks loaded with other features, position your artworks on the other side to balance it out.
- If you have multiple artworks to display at once, coordination can be a challenge. It is recommended that every wall art should have something in common such as the same theme or at least the colors should be well coordinated. The frames should also be of the same color palette in order to make the group of artworks work together as one in the subtlest manner.