Exercising smartly is the only way to achieve that slim and taut body, all of us dream of. While most of us are always searching for quick tips to lose weight and follow the fad diets, they are not long-term measures that help to lose weight and maintain a healthy BMI.
A healthy weight lose journey requires a lot of planning and consistent approach. Follow these tips by personal trainer in Morningside to achieve your desired weight goals and stay healthy.
- The first tip for exercising smart is to never allow your body to get used to your workout regimen. Include a variety of regimens like cardio, strength etc. in your workout routine. Consider the four important factors, frequency, intensity, time and type of exercise to determine the stress of a workout. Alter any two of the factors regularly to make the workout challenging and achieve more calorie burn. The reputed personal trainer in Morningside suggests altering the variables every six weeks to avoid hitting a plateau.
- The most effective way to rev up your metabolism and achieve maximum calorie loss is High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT gives an after-burn effect, which maximizes the amount of calories burnt after the workout. Including HIIT workouts for at least three days in a week helps to lose weight faster.
- Clean and healthy diet is an important aspect of the weight lose journey. Limit your consumption of sugar and avoid junk food. Maintain a food journal to track your food intake. People who maintain a journal are more successful in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Never skip breakfast and concentrate on eating healthy fats and whole carbs.
- Strength training is equally important to tone up your muscles and increase the fat burn. Include strength training in your workout regimen to build more muscle. Muscle burns more calories than fat and takes up much less space. Strength train under the supervision of a personal trainer in Morningside at least three times a week.
- The most important aspect most of us forget is the importance of nutrition pre and post workout. According to the reputed personal trainer in Morningside, it is important to fuel the body both pre and post workout. Eat carbs before the workout to improve your performance and burn more calories and consume a balanced diet with carbs, protein and fat after the workout to help the muscles recover.
If there are pests pestering your household, you need to eradicate them fast. Not only are they annoying just like termites, they can cause considerable damage to the structure of your home. Through a professional pest control in Sydney, they can totally eradicate the disturbing pests. They have the expertise, training and licence to carry out the job, especially when dealing with the most potent chemicals for extermination.
The Ten Most Common House Pests
In Australia, you are likely to encounter the following pests within or outside your homes. You need to know them, so you know what to do, especially when you contact a pest control in Sydney for their eradication:
- Ants: They usually flock on food source like those found in your kitchen or pantry. They can nest on walls, the pavement and the roof.
- Bedbugs: They feed on human blood, which can trigger allergic reactions in some people, where they can also experience sleepless nights. Bedbugs can be treated through fumigation and chemical powders.
- Bees: A swarm of bees can be extremely dangerous as they are finding a new nesting places. The best way to get rid of them is through hive removal, which is an environmentally friendly solution.
- Birds: They often dwell on gutters and roofs which can damage a home. They are also carriers of diseases and lice, which pose health hazards to a family.
- Cockroaches: They infest quickly inside a property especially if there is abundance of food. They can be exterminated using chemical sprays and traps.
- Rodents: Like rats and mice, they can cause structural damages as they chew on wood. They can also be carriers of diseases.
- Possums: They can trigger structural damage to the roof and ceiling. Their noise and behaviour can keep you awake at night, and you need to remove them to get rid of them.
- Snakes: They can be a major concern in urban areas especially when they pose risks to humans and pets.
- Spiders: Some spiders are poisonous, which can trigger a serious concern among households. If you find one, you can remove them from your home. You can also ask assistance from a pest control in Sydney if you’re scared of them.
- Termites: They can be a culprit to the wooden structural damage of your home. Treatment can include non-toxic chemicals which can be placed inside and outside the home.
Having a perfect vision does not give you an excuse to not visit your trusted optometrist on a yearly basis. I have talked to a local optometrist in Woronora and he shares the most important reasons why everyone should have their regular eye checkup.
- If you have a serious illness, an eye checkup is one way for doctors to see these signs by checking the back of the eye. According to the optometrist, before any signs that a person has diabetes or high blood pressure there is already symptoms seen through the eyes such as dilated pupil. At the back of our eye is where the optic nerve is located which is connected to a person’s neurological system therefore neurological illnesses can also be detected earlier such as aneurysms, optic neuritis, and idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- Retinal detachment is a common occurrence among people who have undergone corrective eye surgery. If you think an eye exam is no longer necessary once you have fixed your eyes then this is where you are definitely wrong. Once the eyes have undergone surgery, there is a higher chance of experiencing retinal detachment. This should be diagnosed earlier to make sure there is no permanent damage in the vision. People with eye issues are also prone to having myopia also known as near-sightedness.
- Do not assume that you vision will remain perfect forever. You might not need glasses before but it does not mean that you will never need them for life. It is essential to know when you must use one in order for you to perform tasks normally. Poor eyesight can affect daily tasks such as reading, using the computer and driving. For adult drivers, it is recommended to check with an eye doctor at least once annually to avoid car accidents from happening.
- Early detection is essential because there are a number of eye conditions that when left untreated could have irreversible damage. According to a local optometrist in Woronora, one of these conditions is glaucoma because there are no evident symptoms during the early stages.
It sounds a bit crazy why people long to improve their health. So why not spend time on a platform that vibrates like a vibration exercise machine. Recent studies show that the procedure is known to aid illnesses such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to cerebral palsy. A new study also shows that the whole body vibration that has similar metabolic benefits as walking on a treadmill, is also useful for treating type II diabetes and obesity.
There are many gyms featuring vibration exercise machine, and many of those users assure that it really enhances performance. The movement does seem to exercise muscles to work harder, possibly affecting some of the same effects as exercise. But researchers still can’t get the comparison, especially when people are sick. A study had been conducted by Meghan McGee Lawrence and his team from Medical College of Georgia about the comparison of the whole-body vibration and exercise to witness the mechanism of the machine.
Mr. Lawrence and his team used mutant mice for the study. The animals were resistant to the hormone leptin which resulted in diabetes and obesity. The animals were divided into three groups. One group lived in cages that had 20 minutes of shaking on a daily basis. The second group spent 45 minutes per day on a treadmill. While the third group were fed and remained lazy all throughout the day.
After 12 weeks of study, the researchers found that whole-body vibration and exercise offered comparable health benefits. All three groups gained weight during the study, but the group working on a vibration exercise machine weighed lesser than the others. They had lesser fat and thinner leg muscles.
Furthermore, the two active groups showed healthier metabolism. The group with whole-body vibration and exercise showed minimal insulin levels and increased their responsiveness to the hormone. This is similar on how obese and diabetic people react to the vibration exercise machine, where fat accumulates in the liver, which leads to organ malfunction and even death.
It goes to show that when whole-body vibration is applied on individuals, it strengthens their bones and enhance bone density. It’s one reason why you need to stimulate your bones for reinforcement.
Eating disorder can occur at any point in a person’s life although it usually develops during young adulthood or teenage years. Eating disorder can affect both sexes and is considered a mental illness that needs to be addressed to prevent it from totally disrupting a person’s normal social and personal functions. There are different types of eating disorders and a person who signifies signs of the disorder should seek professional help from a Melbourne eating disorder psychologist. Here are some signs of symptoms that would tell you it’s time to consult a professional to spare one from the harrowing effects of eating disorder.
People who suffer from eating disorder have a distorted perception of themselves. They may see themselves as fat or overweight resulting for them to avoid food or abstain from taking in anything for their nourishment. This is exactly the case for those who suffer from anorexia nervosa. They will display an extreme fear of gaining weight and would therefor do everything, including eating, to keep their weight down. While it is normal for some to be conscious of their weight, it becomes abnormal when this distorted perception of themselves already disrupts their normal function. It is also time to consult a professional Melbourne eating disorder psychologist when the person is already having health problems because of malnourishment.
Unusual eating behaviour
Another sign of eating disorder is when a person manifests unusual eating habits such as cutting food into tiny portions or hiding food. It also becomes a red flag when the person starts to isolate himself when eating or totally withdraws from other people or social functions.
Switching between overeating and fasting
You can also tell if a person is suffering from chronic eating disorder when he experiences constant weigh fluctuations out of switching from overeating and fasting. Seek immediate help from a qualified Melbourne eating disorder psychologist because eating disorder can adversely affect not just the physical appearance and overall nutrition of a person, it can also affect his mental health and this can have irreparable damage in the long run.
Below are benefits you will enjoy whenever you practice right mindfulness:
- One of the useful benefits that can be enjoyed by humans who frequently practice right mindfulness is that it allows your mind to take a break from heavy thinking duties it usually does during the majority of the day. This is because of the fact that even our brain needs to rest especially if your mind has a tendency to dwell negative thoughts both about the past and the uncertain future. Practicing mindfulness every now and then prevents the mind from visualizing painful experiences of the past. Also, it relieves your mind of its tendency of seeing worst case scenarios that can happen in the future. In short, mindfulness relaxes the mind even if it’s only for a short period of time.
- Mindfulness allows us to lose ourselves in a positive way even during a short time. It allows our mind to be refreshed and energized once again. Practicing right mindfulness can be also beneficial in terms of helping us cope and recover from painful sensations.
- Practicing mindfulness in everything that we do makes everything that we do an adventure. You see, when you allow yourself to think that everything in life is boring, then everything becomes boring. Now, with mindfulness in the play, you allow yourself, your mind to be specific, to become adventurous. You allow you mind to open up and get excited about the possibilities of what life can bring to you.
- Another key factor why you should regularly practice mindfulness is that it gives our mind the freedom from judgement. When we do this the proper way, we become friendlier and more impartial in terms of judging anything in life. When you are practicing mindfulness, you are becoming more okay with whatever bad thing that has happened to you no matter how worse it can be.
- When we are lost physiologically, we have the tendency to make bad choices, make unnecessarily needed decisions. Mindfulness takes those tendencies away from us. It helps us make wiser choices especially when solving even the simpler problems in life. It teaches us to take a break and think about the best way solve a specific problem.
Staying fit during holidays is like starving yourself while your friends are eating like crazy. However, there are ways to stay healthy and still enjoying your vacation. One of the ways which you can take a vacation while getting the health benefits of it is by taking a sailing holiday with CanarySail.
While taking your most-awaited sailing holiday with CanarySail or other sailing companies around the world can be a risky adventure because of the unpredictability of the ocean, it does have benefits that can make one live healthier and longer. You see, sailing in the open ocean is considered as a sports event with various sailing competitions being held yearly. Now, if you regularly take a sailing holiday with CanarySail, you will enjoy the following health benefits:
- Since sailing in the open sea requires multiple body movements when performing those exciting maneuvers and steadily steering your vessel, you move a lot. You burn a lot of calories in your body. Even when you’re parked at the sea, you can take a swim in the ocean. You still move. You can take a look under the sea with your snorkeling gears. You allow your lungs to strengthen. Sailing is a complete workout and it’s better than spending hours at the gym.
- You can participate in various water sports activities. You can do kayaking while you’re not sailing your vessel against the rustling waves of the ocean. If you want to explore while burning calories, you can engage in paddle boarding while going under the beautiful underground caves. These sports activities can help you tone your muscle, all while enjoying the ocean all by yourself.
- Eating Mediterranean food, especially when you’re sailing around the Mediterranean Sea, is one thing those who annually take sailing holiday enjoy the most. Mediterranean cuisine is considered by most as the healthiest cuisine in the world right now because Mediterranean people, specifically Greeks, are known to be health-conscious people. And even though Mediterranean food are considered healthy, that doesn’t mean they are not delicious. Who doesn’t love eating lamb chops that are cooked by slow cooker? Or various seafood all downed up in olive oil which is healthy to the heart?