All of us to want to increase the resale value of the home because we certainly do not know when a situation will arise that will force us to part away with the property. When aiming for a higher price tag, the best option is a bathroom remodel. Even if the home will not be sold eventually, you will feel better when your private sanctuary is relaxing and aesthetically beautiful.
However, if the purpose of bathroom remodel is purely for financial reasons and not personal satisfaction, you have to set your priorities, make a plan and establish a budget.
- Unless interior decoration is your forte, allow the experts to work on the design of your bathroom. It is also important to seek the assistance of professional plumbers, electricians and carpenters to ensure a high quality of workmanship.
- Know the measurements of your space before you start purchasing bathroom furniture. Prepare a floor plan if you are planning on shower enclosures or a standard bathtub. You will be saved from making adjustments to the plan mid-stream.
- If you are considering changes to the bathroom design, check whether it can impact on plumbing. There are major cost implications when a new drainage system has to be made for a new shower.
- A decision the can certainly improve the value of the home is the modernization of the bathroom. Instead of a tub, why not a shower room with glass enclosure that can make the bathroom look more spacious? However, a standalone tub also tends to look classy and elegant.
- If the cabinets are still in good condition, they do not have to be replaced. A new coat of paint and new cabinet hardware will be more cost effective.
- Spend extra on new lighting fixtures. They can be very appealing and make your bathroom look quite elegant.
If the reason behind the bathroom makeover is for personal enjoyment, opt for oak vanity units that come in different styles and designs. You can also create the perfect match between a vanity unit and a natural stone basin that can be quite stunning in their own right.
You may have seen canvas prints commonly used nowadays as wall decors. It is one way to decorate a room while adding your personal touch. With photo canvas, you can choose any design that you want. Just print it, mount and then it is ready to be hung. Why canvas prints most popular these days?
– One of the reasons is that a photo placed on a canvas can complete an entire room. You use the same material in photo printing thus it is okay to print photographs that are not fitted together. The only important thing is that they should fit inside the room. If you want to take it a step further, frame the canvas – there are canvas that can be framed using float frames which is considered modern while there it can also use standard frames which is more traditional. You must carefully decide what photographs will fit the ambiance of a room such as the kitchen can have a canvas print of your garden.
– Custom size is possible for canvas prints. This means almost any size that you desire. The standard sizes for canvas prints are 24×36, 18×24, 11×14 and 8×10. Larger size can easily draw the attention of anyone in the room. If you want to highlight a specific picture then it is best to go with larger size. These standard sizes are the most commonly used but not necessary the limit. You can choose whatever size you want.
– Canvas prints can be displayed as a group for greater impact. This arrangement is usually given a random vibe to it though it was well planned. It is important to plan how the canvas will be positioned once they are on the wall. There are also wall templates you can buy from craft stores but you can easily make your own at home.
– The photo canvas prints do not mean you have to use photographs in your camera alone. You can use old family pictures and scan them, you can use graphic design that you like or a quote you want to print on a canvas, you can also use your children’s artwork.
As I browsed through the pages of a home furnishing website which I will not name for risk of sounding tacky, I read some comments about some customers complaining about the price of their products. Now, I’d complain as well, but the quality of the company’s products have generally been above question. There were some few faulty products, but they were quickly remedied by the company. As it stands, I believe the additional cost is well-worth ensuring the production of such quality.
In my humble opinion, there are a lot of things to take into account when buying a product. Allow me to share a few.
- Quality is cheaper. In the long run. A good, high-quality product will work more, and break less. Meaning it produces more output and requires less maintenance. More output equates to more value, meaning money saved, whilst more maintenance equates to time, effort and money wasted to repair something. Ergo, cheap products may save you money now, but quality ones will save you money later.
- Differentiate quality from branding. A common mistake people make is to assume that anything with a big-name brand is immediately good. Not always the case. I do NOT want to name names for my own sake, but remember; sometimes there might be a small-time brand with a better and cheaper alternative, which will save you a LOT of money.
- This one should be pretty obvious. No matter how good something is, if it’s not properly cared for, it breaks like everything else. Make sure everything is properly maintained, and it’ll save you a lot (energy, money, etc.) in the long run.
- Custom means more money. But more attention. Custom, as an adjective, is defined by Oxford Dictionary as “Made or done to order; custom-made”. Made or done to order, meaning it is based on the customer’s, i.e. your, specifications. This means that it’s made for you and your needs. Yes, the frameless shower screen price for a custom one is higher, but since it’s custom-made for you, it’s less likely to err, especially with expert advice.
Here are a few tips and pointers for making the most of your purchases. I hope they help you keep your wallets nice and full.
Boiler repairs and heating system maintenance requires for you to allocate budget. While there are companies such as Glow Flow that guarantees no hidden charges, there are also those that would rip you off in different ways. This is the reason why it is important to be cautious when hiring repairmen to ensure that you would only pay for the services that you have actually agreed on. Here are some useful tips to minimize repair costs on heaters and boilers.
Ask for cost estimates
To avoid shocking bills and unexpected repair costs, always ask for cost estimates from at least five heating installers and service providers. This way, you can easily compare which of these companies offers the best value for your money. If ever you have already decided to hire Glow Flow, make sure that you read all the particulars indicated in the contract. Only pay for what is included in the service contract. Remember that the cheapest doesn’t always guarantee excellent service.
Have a regular maintenance check on heating system
One way to reduce the costs related to your heating system or boiler is to have your heating appliances and systems checked regularly. This way, not only are the issues immediately resolved, you can also prevent future problems related to your heating system. If your boiler has been around for over 10 years, consider replacing it with a more updated boiler in the market. New versions of heaters are usually designed to be energy efficient with safeguards to prevent emergencies and issues. Ask a qualified boiler engineer for recommended brands and additional maintenance tips.
Hire a reliable service provider
A key to having reduced costs on repairs and maintenance on your boiler is having the job done by a reliable service provider such as those at Glow Flow. Reliable technicians and plumbing engineers guarantee high quality service without asking for excessive and surprise fees other than those indicated in the service contract. Read reviews and customer feedback to ensure that you would hire the right technicians. Choose a company that is trusted by more customers in the industry.
Your drains are important parts of your entire plumbing system. Any issue in your drains such as blocked drains will most likely affect the majority of the system. Although they are important aspects of your plumbing system, most of the time, you don’t pay particular attention to it, especially on its maintenance not until there is an evident issue that would require you to call plumbers from Fresh Flo. While it is recommended to leave the fixing to qualified plumbers, there are issues that can be resolved on your own thereby eliminating to spend on pricy emergency repairs. Therefore, it is important for you to differentiate emergency plumbing situations from issues that you can resolve on your own. Here are samples of cases when you should call for an emergency plumber.
An overflowing toilet is not only messy; it can also pose health risks due to the toilet’s dirty environment. Aside from that, it can also cause major inconvenience to the family. Thus, it is important for you to call a plumber from Fresh Flo right away in order to resolve the issue without delay.
Frozen pipes require specialized equipment to thaw pipes that have turned into heavy ice. The process requires an expert plumber because any mishandling can cause the pipes to break, leaving more damage on your system instead of resolving it. Professional plumbers know the right techniques to melt the ice and have the water run freely again. They also know the methods to prevent pipes from refreezing.
Broken pipes are one of those situations that require you to act fast. Any leaks would not only mean higher water bill, it would also mean flooding the floor and damaging your carpets, appliances and your things. A flooded home would also require intensive labor to move your things out of the house to have them dried. The moment you notice leaks in your plumbing or when you notice water coming from unknown sources, call a qualified plumber Fresh Flo immediately to provide solutions on the issue. Keep the plumber’s number so you can easily call them during emergency situations.