Vietnam is a developing nation with a railway system that serves the people’s needs for transportation. The locals use the trains because it is a cheaper and more convenient form of transportation. There are also public buses but trains are better when it comes to long journeys because it allows you to move around, eat or go to the comfort room. If you want to have a good view of the surrounding landscape, choose a seat by the window.
It is common for the local Vietnamese to simply go to the train station, buy their ticket and board the train; however, traveling during public holidays including weekends require advance booking. Air conditioned trains are very fast but it is suggested to bring a light blanket and a pillow for long journeys. It also makes sense to bring your own food and drinks because while trains serve food on board, it is a little too expensive. During the summer season, the air conditioned carriages are a better option because they make the journey more comfortable.
I don’t sleep in trains but I always ask for the sleeper cabins because I do not have to worry about the baggage. Another worthwhile suggestion is to refrain yourself from bringing too much baggage because you might need to walk a long distance. Make sure that you bring a carry-all for your personal stuff like tissue papers, toothbrush/toothpaste, soap, small towel, t-shirt, etc. Remember, you are riding a train; not a plane.
There are no trolleys unlike in airports. If you have booked your tickets in advance, make sure to be present at the train station at least 30 minutes in advance of boarding so that you can claim your tickets from the booking office. Before I forget, wear your most comfortable clothes so that you move easily. T-shirts and shorts are perfect choices.
It is very difficult to predict whether many people are travelling on a certain date so that it makes sense to Book a train in Thailand days in advance of the expected date of travel. Besides the assurance of a seat or a sleeper cabin, you will save yourself the discomfort of queuing at the ticket counter.
There are a thousand things that one could see when they visit a baby shop when looking for baby shower gift ideas. Some are basic necessities while other are considered baby luxuries. According to mothers, the most treasured baby shower gifts are those that are practical to be used daily and those that have sentimental values.
- First on the list are things that are made from the heart such as handmade blankets for the baby, handmade hats and other clothes especially done for the baby. Another example is mementos from the parents’ childhood. It would be nice to receive things and toys that the parents used to wear and play with as a child and now they can pass them on to their own children. Let us not forget our patient Nanas who are fond of crocheting everything for the baby from the hat, to the booties and other clothing items.
- If there is one thing that parents will appreciate, it’s getting gift certificates. The parents will be able to buy essentials that they don’t have instead of receiving the same things from different individuals. A gift certificate that can be used in a local photo studio is a great idea in order to make sure the baby gets professional photos during his or her first month.
- Though the baby is the main priority, let us not forget the mother who is carrying the baby for nine months. One can only imagine what she is going through so a treat for the mom would be a great baby shower gift. A gift coupon for the mom to have prenatal massage as well as a manicure and pedicure would be ideal. A restaurant reservation for the couple would also be lovely so they can have a date night together.
- One of the most important baby essentials is diapers. A stock of diaper for the baby’s first few months would be heaven sent for the parents.
Aside from these ideas, you can also opt for personalized baby shower gifts such as baby blankets with the baby’s initials.
If you live in old house then it is only normal to be worried about the state of the plumbing as pipes corrode over time as well as develop rust and eventually enter the decaying period which will cause leaks in the system. When this happens, water or, worse, sewage may flood into your home and you will have to spend thousands just for the damage alone. In order to avoid getting into this situation, be sure to know if it is time to replace your plumbing systems. Here are some signs to look out for:
- The best way to know if the pipes are way their prime is to know what kind of material it is made of. This will affect the length of the pipes lifetime. There are two methods in determining this information. First is to check the inspection report of your home at the time of purchase or second, call a professional plumber to check your plumbing system.
- If you know your pipes are made of either lead or polybutylene material, then it is time to replace the entire plumbing system as soon as possible despite the age of the pipes. Lead piping is dangerous as it could contaminate the water with lead which is toxic and harmful to the human body if consumed. Piping made of polybutylene are the ones usually built within 1970 to 1990. These materials are low quality and breaks easily.
- If one of your pipes is leaking then it is time to replace the entire plumbing. This is because the pipes are usually built at the same time and one of them giving away means that the other might follow if burdened with the same pressure.
- If the water coming out of your faucet is either yellow or brown in color then it is time to replace the pipes because rust is already mixing into the water.
- Corroding pipes need to be replaced as soon as possible. If you have exposed pipes inside your house in Doncaster then check if there are signs of corrosions such as discoloration, flaking, stains, pimples or dimpling.
Home improvement projects are important because they not only improve the appearance and the functionality of a house, they also increase the overall value of the property so that when one day the owner decides that it is time to sell the house, he would be able to sell it more than its average price. When it comes to home improvement projects the bathroom is one of the least areas of the house that gets enough attention. But when it comes to function, the bathroom is in fact one of the most important parts of the house. Because of this, you should also consider making upgrades on your bathroom because not only will it improve your bathroom’s appearance, it would also increase its functionality which would benefit you and your family’s day-to-day bathroom needs.
While vanity units may not be the first thing you think about when remodelling or upgrading your bathroom, they are actually an important component of the bathroom because the vanity unit you choose would either make or break your bathroom. Here are five things you should be considering when looking for bathroom vanity units.
- Where will you place the vanity unit? Placement is important because it can affect the traffic flow of the bathroom as well as block bathroom doors or even the shower door swings. Make sure that the surrounding areas of the vanity unit will be accessible for cleaning.
- It would be better if you wouldn’t have to modify your plumbing when placing a vanity unit because it can take out a significant chunk out of your budget.
- Remember that bathrooms are always humid, wet and busy and you would need to find a vanity unit that is made out of materials that would be able to withstand these things.
- Make sure you have an ideal list of items that you would like to store inside the vanity unit.
- It is also important that you buy compact vanity units that would actually fit your bathroom. More importantly, the size of the vanity unit should complement your bathroom and should make sense.
Do you want to learn some Halloween facts? Halloween is a yearly celebration that is observed in several countries every 31st of October. This is the eve of the Western Christian feast of Hallows’ Day. This celebration initiates the time of the year where the dead are remembered including hallowing the martyrs, saints and other faithful believers who have departed from this world.
Here are some fun facts regarding Halloween celebration:
- In the movie Halloween which was released in 1978, the film was on a very tight budget in that they had to use very cheap mask for the lead character Michael Meyers. The mask turned out to be a mask from Star Trek. The actor who used the mask in Star Trek initially had no clue that the mask was in his likeness and was delighted by the idea when he found out years after.
- The first ever jack O’Lanterns were made from turnips.
- The second highest grossing holiday commercially after Christmas is actually Halloween.
- A lot of people get into the costume of witches during the Halloween night. The word witch actually comes from an old English word wicce which means wise woman. According to history, wiccan were a group of highly respected people in a certain period of time. As upheld by popular belief, witches would hold one of two of their important meeting in a year during a Halloween night.
- During their Halloween trick or treat, fifty percent of the kids prefer to receive chocolate candies while 24 percent prefer non-chocolate and about 10 percent like to receive gums.
- According to a famous Irish legend, Jack O’Lanterns is named after a mean and clever man named Jack who tricked the devil a couple of times. Because of his being cunning, he was loathed by the devil and was forbidden to enter into both hell and heaven. Jack was condemned to wander the earth for eternity occasionally waving his lantern in order to lure people into wandering away from their paths.
- The largest pumpkin ever measured was recorded at 836 pounds and broke the world record in 1993.
If you are fond of arts and crafts, then you definitely know that even ribbons can add to the beauty of your work. But nothing can be more frustrating than having already put the ribbons in place then it begins to fray. Sometimes it cannot be avoided, though, because synthetic and fabric ribbons always tend to separate at the edges. This is inevitable but there is also a way for you to extend the life of the ribbon, thus allowing its edges to stay together so that your work is not ruined.
Below are three ways that you can use to keep your ribbons from fraying.
NAIL POLISH APPLICATION
If you think nail polish is only good for our nails, then you are mistaken. They can be useful in other things as well and in this particular situation, they are an effective adhesive that would help hold the ribbon edges together. The first thing to do is to find sharp scissors and then cut the edge of the ribbon 45 degrees or an inverted V.
You then would have to purchase a nail polish, preferably a colorless one. Afterwards, you dip the brush inside then gently sweep it off at the edges of the ribbon. Pick the edges up and make sure they don’t fray until the polish dries.
If you want to strengthen the nail polish’s hold, you can repeat the application a second time.
This method is very similar to the previous one but instead of a nail polish, we will be using a true adhesive. The same procedures go. We cut the ribbon in 45 degrees but instead of using a brush, you apply a small amount of glue in a cotton swab and then gently apply it to the edges. Make sure you hold onto it until it dries.
This works most effectively on synthetic ribbons. You start by lighting a candle near a sink or water and then cut the edges by 45 degrees. Afterwards, you carefully hold and drag the edges to the flame. Make sure to only burn the edges and be careful with the fire.
What is it with celebrities? They have all the money in the world, so can afford to use the best surgeons hollywood has to offer. But, so many of them get it sooooo wrong!
Lets take a look at this infographic, brought you you from Bookup.Asia and see who are the biggest winners and losers….