All of us to want to increase the resale value of the home because we certainly do not know when a situation will arise that will force us to part away with the property. When aiming for a higher price tag, the best option is a bathroom remodel. Even if the home will not be sold eventually, you will feel better when your private sanctuary is relaxing and aesthetically beautiful.
However, if the purpose of bathroom remodel is purely for financial reasons and not personal satisfaction, you have to set your priorities, make a plan and establish a budget.
- Unless interior decoration is your forte, allow the experts to work on the design of your bathroom. It is also important to seek the assistance of professional plumbers, electricians and carpenters to ensure a high quality of workmanship.
- Know the measurements of your space before you start purchasing bathroom furniture. Prepare a floor plan if you are planning on shower enclosures or a standard bathtub. You will be saved from making adjustments to the plan mid-stream.
- If you are considering changes to the bathroom design, check whether it can impact on plumbing. There are major cost implications when a new drainage system has to be made for a new shower.
- A decision the can certainly improve the value of the home is the modernization of the bathroom. Instead of a tub, why not a shower room with glass enclosure that can make the bathroom look more spacious? However, a standalone tub also tends to look classy and elegant.
- If the cabinets are still in good condition, they do not have to be replaced. A new coat of paint and new cabinet hardware will be more cost effective.
- Spend extra on new lighting fixtures. They can be very appealing and make your bathroom look quite elegant.
If the reason behind the bathroom makeover is for personal enjoyment, opt for oak vanity units that come in different styles and designs. You can also create the perfect match between a vanity unit and a natural stone basin that can be quite stunning in their own right.