No one likes bugs and insects around the home. They are very annoying and bring a lot of infections and health problems into the house. While it is difficult to totally bug proof a home, there are some simple tips which help in keeping them away.
Follow these simple tips for effective pest control in the North Shore, by keeping the insects and bugs away from the home.
- Sealing the doors, windows and other entry ways into your home is an excellent way to keep the bugs away. Install thresholds and door sweeps under the entrance door of your home to prevent insects from crawling inside. You can also install net screens for the doors and windows to prevent flies and mosquitoes. Thoroughly inspect the home for tiny gaps and openings and seal them to block the entry ways for pests.
- Maintain general cleanliness in your house and the yard. Inspect the yard and garage regularly for any traces of bugs and insects. Do not allow water to collect anywhere in the garden as it becomes a breeding space for mosquitoes. Remove fallen leaves and debris from the garden regularly, as these places provide the perfect conditions for different types of insects to breed.
- Have a close look at the exterior of your home. Inspect the foundation and walls thoroughly for any gaps and rotten wood. These gaps are perfect entryway to the minute insects that infest your home. Seal all the gaps using mortar or cement.
- Check for the drilled openings made for utility lines like gas, electric, telephone and cable lines. These openings are closed from the inside but check the exterior of your home for unclosed utility openings. Use good quality sealants to like steel wool and copper mesh along with PU foam to tightly seal these openings.
- Close the chimney and other roof vents using wire mesh or screens. The vents have huge openings and if not properly sealed, are the major point of entry for various insects and rodents.
If all the above tips fail, consult a reputed company for pest control in the North Shore and engage their pest control services. They have different services for inspection, elimination and prevention of pests.